Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Here, I'm Ready, I'm… Armed With One Drum Stick?

     Hello gang! It's Bear here. I'm listening to Leon Thomas, working on a story with Cat, and slowly working my way down my To-Do list. I am TOTALLY ready to post on here!
     I don't have much of a story to tell here today, other than Monkey's birthday. Which was two days ago! Everyone, post your belated birthday wishes under this post! I'll make sure she sees them!
     Yeah, so we went to see the last Harry Potter movie, which came out on her birthday. It was great, if I must say. I promise not to tell any spoilers, but they didn't put my favourite part in… 
     I still cried. It was sad.
     Ooh! Also, I spent the last week and a half at my sisters acreage! It's out in the country, and it's not totally finished yet. During the week I was there, they got their countertops and water working. They don't even have power yet. They're relying on a big, red generator to light their house and work their toilets. 
     I didn't mind much. I still got to see my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. My nephew, Chase (known as Cub on here) can talk now! He's no pro, I must admit, but his vocabulary includes the words: Mama, Daddy, Kate, Copper, garbage, let's go, no, baby, and sh*t. Yeah, I think he learned the last word from his grandma. Not my mom, my brother-in-law's. My brother, his parents and Cub's Oma (my mom) think it's pretty funny. I can't say I'm too impressed.
     Anywho, since we didn't have showers, or much food there (and not a good way of cooking it), we spent a lot of time at my brother-in-law's parents place. It was nice, but they had eight dogs, plus my sister's two. Ten dogs around the place. Luckily only two were allowed inside. I don't like dogs…
     Trudy, my brother-in-law's mom, had almost all of the Rock Bands. I think the only ones she was missing was Green Day, Track-Pack 1, and Metallica. Needless to say, we played a lot of Rock Band there. I found out that Rock Band 3 was out! Did you know that? I've already got the hang of the keyboard, and I'm pretty awesome at drums, if I do say so myself. Me and a friend are going downtown this week. I'm planning on buying the third Rock Band.
     While playing the game, Cub, who's almost seventeen months, decided he wanted to try the drums. I was in the middle of a Hard song when he clawed and pinched his way onto my lap. At first, he sat there contently, giggling as my one leg bounced up and down to hit the pedal notes. Then he reached out and grabbed my left hand and pulled the drum stick from my grasp. For a baby, he's pretty strong, and he REALLY wanted that stick!
     I was reduced to playing with one stick, and my hand. It was funny, for Trudy, my brother Wayne, and sister Christina. For me, it was a challenge. Cub was swinging the stick back and forth in front of my face. I was hit full-force two or three times. After the song was over, I still had gotten a wonking 93%.
     So, I have no other stories to tell, except for boring ones. I guess that means this post is almost over! Now that I've finished this, I've still got five other things to finished on my To-Do list. Can't wait to write here again! Until next time, 
          Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment